Noun refers to a name it used to be as “things”, “Place” “Person” etc.
books , building, car, girl, boy, Cow, bus, shoes, cake, Nouns is the part of speech.
Uses : linking with Verb ,John is a Teacher, As subject of the sentence the professor started the new lesson today. Noun shows possession, Boy’s Bike cycle, Smith’s Bag
Masculine: Men, Boy etc.
Feminine: Women, Girl etc.
some Nouns represent people:
Some Nouns Represent profession:
Plural of Noun:
Nouns End with adding “S”
Nouns End with Adding “ES”
Noun End with Adding “ES”
Nouns ending with “Y” following consonant replace by “IE”
Some Nouns plural by Vowel change.
Nouns end On “F” or “FE”. adds “VES”.
- Common :It denotes to a generic uses like, girl , boy, Dog, Building,Restaurant.
- Proper : It refers to a specific name of person thing etc.it begin with capital letter in any position in sentence.
- Countable/uncountable: Countable noun describe the quantity it contain singular or plural form, can be used with a number or a/an before it they can not be counted, mass, liquid, emotions,ideas, wind.
- Concrete : concrete Noun are such noun which are tangible
- Abstract: like are uncountable, Such as Hate,Love, Sea, misery,Dream, Friendship.
- Compound : It consist two or more word combination, most compound nouns in English are formed by nouns modified by other nouns or adjectives.
- Collective : Collective nouns are those nouns which consist no. of thing or group of people.