Purple carrot recipes:
Looking for a tasty and original recipe using purple carrots? You are in the right place! We take great pleasure in providing unique and flavorful dishes at Purple Carrot Recipes that will satisfy every type of diner.
No matter if you’re hosting a celebration or simply want to wow the family with a home-cooked meal, our purple carrot recipe is ideal.
Purple Carrot Soup:
Do you want a unique broth that tastes great and will wow your guests as well as your taste buds? Instead, try this recipe for Purple Carrot Soup! This bright and colorful soup not only looks stunning on your table but, it also has numerous health advantages. Purple carrot is to be a great addition to any diet due to their high levels of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
PHOTO BY PIPER NIGRUM (GAMZE)
- two cups of purple carrots, shredded
- one cup of powdered sugar
- two cups of all-purpose flour
- one tablespoon of baking soda
- one tablespoon of baking soda
- one spoonful of cinnamon powder
- half tsp of ginger root
- half a teaspoon of nutmeg, powdered
- 3/4 cup of veggie oil
- half teaspoon salt
- Three big eggs
- Vanilla essence, 1 teaspoon
- sliced walnuts, half a cup
- whipped cream topping (optional)
- A large cake pan should be greased with edible cooking oil and put into the oven which should be heated up to 350°F (175°C).
- In a big bowl, mix properly the flour, and sugar with baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Merge completely.
- To the dry ingredients, add the grated purple carrots, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla essence. Combine thoroughly after mixing.
- Add the minced walnuts and combine. Fill the prepared cake plate with the batter.
- A toothpick put into the middle of the cake should come out clean after baking for 30-35 minutes.
- Prior to moving the cake to a wire stand to complete cooling, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Serve the cooled cake topped with the optional cream cheese frosting.
Purple carrot slaw:
- Three cups shredded purple carrots
- Half a cup of thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- two tablespoons of olive oil
- two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- one tablespoon honey
- one teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large dish, blend properly the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and also pepper. The dish should also include red onion, purple carrots, and newly chopped parsley. Mix everything together until the vegetables are covered in the sauce fully.
- Just let slaw sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving to give the flavours time to mingle.
- The purple carrot slaw is a light and nutritious lunch on its own or as a side dish to grilled meats or sandwiches. Enjoy!
Serve the purple carrot slaw as a side dish with grilled meats or sandwiches, or as a light and healthy lunch on its own. Enjoy!
Purple carrots roasted:
- one pound of cleaned and cut purple carrots
- Olive oil, two teaspoons
- One salt teaspoon
- Black pepper, half a teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin powder (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon powder (optional)
- Switch on the oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
- To ensure even cooking, cut the purple carrots into thick slices or sticks that are approximately the same size.
- Carrots should be thoroughly coated in a big bowl of olive oil, along with salt, pepper, cumin, and cinnamon (if using).
- On a baking tray, spread the carrots out in a single layer.
To ensure that the carrots cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they are soft and just beginning to caramelise, turn them over once or twice while they are cooking.