Adverb is word which modifies a Verb, Adjective or another Adverbs.Traditionally it is considered a single part of speech, Quickly,Slowly,Gently are adverbs.
It is also expresses Time,, Manner, place, Phrases and degree.
- John runs quickly. (In this sentence “quickly” is adverb and describe how and modify the verb “Runs”)
- Sara eats Very Tasty burger. (In this sentence “Very” is Adverb and describe How much or degree and modify the verb “Eats” ).
In Below sentences Adverbs modify the Phrases.
- He is standing close beside her
- He wear all in black.
In below sentences Adverbs modify another adverbs.
- He moved to the destination very easily. (In this sentence “Very” modify the “easily”)
- Steward win the race quite Aggressively.(In this sentence “Very” modify the “easily”)
Total seven Types of Adverbs:
- Degree or quantity
- Affirmation and negation.