An adverb is a word that’s used to alter any component of language except for pronoun or a noun. It modifies the meaning of even a sentence, adjective, adverbs or a verbs. Cases: An adverb modifies a verb. He sang sweetly. It modifies an adjective. She’s usually intelligent. An adverb modifies another adverb. Hany ran very quickly. It modifies the whole sentence. Fortunately, I met him by chance.
Hany ran very quickly. It modifies the whole sentence. Fortunately, I met him by chance.
Traditionally it is considered a single part of speech, Quickly,Slowly,Gently are adverbs.
It is also expresses Time,, Manner, place, Phrases and degree.
- John runs quickly. (In this sentence “quickly” is adverb and describe how and modify the verb “Runs”)
- Sara eats Very Tasty burger. (In this sentence “Very” is Adverb and describe How much or degree and modify the verb “Eats” ).
In Below sentences Adverbs modify the Phrases.
- He is standing close beside her
- He wear all in black.
In below sentences Adverbs modify another adverbs.
- He moved to the destination very easily. (In this sentence “Very” modify the “easily”)
- Steward win the race quite Aggressively.(In this sentence “Very” modify the “easily”)
Total seven Types of Adverbs:
- Degree or quantity
- Affirmation and negation.