Collective noun worksheet:
A collective noun is a noun that defines a group of people. When it comes to people, collective nouns are a common part of their culture. In France, for instance, there are collective nouns for dogs, birds, vegetables, meats, and more.
A noun is employed to explain a gaggle of objects.
For example, a herd of cows, a colony of ants, a faculty of fish, a flock of seagulls, a pack of rats, and a horde of zombies
A proper noun is used for a collective noun.
Many collective nouns are common nouns, but they will even be proper nouns once they are the name of a corporation or other organization with quite one person, for instance, Amazon. Here are some more samples of collective nouns that are proper nouns: Harvard University, Philips, Emirates, CNBC, etc.
A collective noun is a singular noun.
- My family is going to celebrate the birthday of my younger brother.
- The American Army is withdrawing from Afghanistan.
- After two months, I will be promoted to the new class.
- A music band is going to perform at the school’s annual function.
- The school reopens after lockdown.
A collective noun is a plural noun.
- Our families are busy planning next week’s vacation.
- The UK and US armies are doing joint exercises in the month of June.
- The new classes of the session start next month.
- Some bands are performing together at upcoming college functions.
- The schools are preparing to take the examination in December.
Example of Collective Noun:
- A good team ever focuses on the win.
- Some students were not present in the classroom.
- I have a very good collection of books.
- So for Valentine’s Day this year, I got one card, a bunch of flowers, and a proposal for marriage.
collective noun list:
1, A band of men
2, A cast of actors
3, A blush of boys
4, A colony of gulls
5, A can of soda
6, A jar of Honey
7, A team of players.
8, A forest of trees.
9, A pair of shoes.
10, A bottle of milk.
The collective noun for books:
- Library ( A library of books)
- Shelf ( A shelf of books)
- Pile (A pile of books)
collective noun for people:
- A band of Men
- A cast of actors
- A class of students
- An army of soldiers
- A crew of sailors
- A galaxy of beauties
- A blush of boys
- A gang of thieves
- A staff of employees
- A circle of friends
collective noun for animals:
- A flock of birds
- A kennel of dogs
- A clew of warms
- A broad of hens
- Flight of butterflies
- An ambush of tigers
- A kindle of kittens
- A stud of horses
- A shoal of fish
- A troop of lions